Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Funny Conversations

The other day as I was walking Anna into school we had the funniest conversation that really kept ringing in my ears for the rest of the day.

Anna:
Dad, you talk funny like PawPaw used to talk funny. You know he made me laugh, because he was a funny man. I miss him.

Me:
Yea he was funny, and I miss him to. He got called home so Jesus and him could have some laughs.

Anna:
Your the funny man now Dad. Love you.

Me:
Love you to Anna.

My passion is helping others find the motivation to want to be healthier, but like everyone else that passion has to be shared with a million other things. Since a lot of times a passion doesn't pay the bills, and what time or energy left over isn't much. After looking back over my life up to this point I know that too many things have happened to me for me not to be here to help others, but even as optimistic as I can be I get tired.

I wonder if I am really helping anyone?

Then I have this simple conversation with Anna, and it reminds me that the core of who I am is to try to be the best husband and dad I can be for my family. I know that I am blessed with bad genetics, and if I don't do the things I do my chances to see my girls grow up has a strong possibility to be very limited. My time with my family will always be less than I want it to be, but doing what I do I know I am at least giving myself a chance.

Life is going to be rough, tiresome, unknown, and even tragic. It is also going to be happy, funny, wonderfully unknown, and blissful. I want to have the years to see all of these things. If along that way a few words on a blog can help others to look at their years differently, and they find a reason to be healthier while they can then so be it. We never know how much we impact others with our words, but we need to always remember that words are a powerful gift that can easily hurt or harm others. I just want to try my best to do as little harm as possible, and cause a few more folks to smile.

Anna thanks for reminding me to be the funny man!

Peace,
Keebler



No comments:

Post a Comment