Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day

Today is a bitter sweet day for those of us Dad's that have also lost our Dad's. When I ran across this quote this morning  from Mark Twain I knew it would have made my Dad laugh.

 "When I was 14, my Father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years."

-Mark Twain

He always tried to teach me those things that he knew I needed to know, and of course I wasn't listening half of the time. Over the last fours years I have started to realize the depth of his wisdom and humor. Not a day goes by that I haven't missed him, but I try to honor him every day by being the best husband and Dad that I can. Thanks for being my Dad, and I will always try to make you proud "Pops!"

Keebler




No comments:

Post a Comment