Saturday, November 23, 2013

Hitting Reset

It has nearly been 8 years since I started the slow shift to a healthier person, and rarely in that time have I ever taken off (excluding sickness or injury) more than 2-3 days in a row. The struggles that I have been going through this year has made me want to truly hit reset, and after Palo Duro I knew that it was time.

I couldn't have asked for a better way to end my season of racing, but with a race where I felt great from start to end. The day after Palo Duro I went for a short recovery bike ride and I knew it was time to tell Tim I needed a break. I was not surprised to find that Tim knew why I was calling. I guess that is part of working together for the last few years that he knows me pretty well. A good coach knows when to push you and when the it's time to put the breaks on. So for nearly a full 2 weeks I didn't worry about or even think about training. I won't lie it was true bliss!

Finally near the end of the two weeks I was starting to feel that itch of needing to get moving again. Although it wasn't a very strong urge, but I am finally feeling like getting back out there.

These days it is very hard to keep the balance of a healthy lifestyle, but not only do you need to reset your health sometimes it is your spirit that needs to be reset. The thing that you have to always keep in mind is that the years we have ahead don't come free. We still have to work for those years even if we don't  know what they are to bring, but a break here and there isn't going to hurt. I have stated this many times before, but before I started living healthier I never knew that I couldn't feel better than I did. Now that I have been living this way for several years I know what good feels like, and I want to keep that feeling.

Are you sure you know what good feels like?

Keep Fighting,
Keebler


No comments:

Post a Comment