Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy St. Patty's Day!

This is going to be a little shorter than usual, and after seeing what I have scheduled it might help explain my lack of posting. I have finally set my race schedule through the end of June. By far this is the most racing I have done this early in the season. It will be interesting to see how I hold up. I might not be faster, but I am definitely going to be tougher. So many things are still going on that are pulling me away from training, but that is also what life is all about. I was reminded recently, by a good friend, that regardless of how much I race I still have to keep active. It is that training time that I have to myself that I can get in touch with the spiritual side of my life. Thinking all of that through (and being talked into an early race) I decided to push myself here at the start to see what happens. We will see how good I am at scheduling over the next few months :)

Drum roll............

Tall Texan Half Ironman - 3/24/13

Willie McCool 13.1 - 4/6/13

Marble Falls HITS Half Ironman - 4/27/13

Buffman and Squeaky Olympic Distance Triathlon - 5/5/13

Buffalo Springs 70.3 Triathlon - 6/30/13

Starting next weekend Jerred and I will be getting up early to drive down to Boerne on Saturday then race Sunday only to hop in the truck and drive back right after. Should be fun!

Below are some pics to prove that a family with two active racing adults can have some fun outside of races.


Some fine hotel dining



The Buried Cadillacs

They love spray painting stuff!

 Pretty good Juvenile Delinquents!



 

Drama on the trails
 
 
It was a lot harder getting down!




Lizzy handled it better than the rest of us.

Hot!

Relief getting back to the car.

Fun Day

Finally celebrating St. Patty's Day with a Guiness soaked Pork Loin


2 comments:

  1. Great pics. I had no idea that the girls were graffiti artists! And the left-over pork loin was delicious, Wes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jurgen and I am glad you l liked the pork loin!

      Delete