Saturday, August 2, 2014

A few more hours

Well it has been a few days and a few miles behind me since I last posted. We took our time getting to Boulder, and it was so weird to actually drive for 2 days through rain. I can't remember the last time that  I saw that much rain. Unfortunately, because of the rain, I wasn't able to get in some of my scheduled workouts, but at this point it is just good to keep moving. At this point, I am not going to do anything to improve my fitness for the race.

It is just so hard to chill out and relax. My family and the Hurst's (our travel buddies) have been off on some grand adventures, and I have been able to take in some of it. The majority of the time I have been trying to relax. You would think that would be an easy thing to do but it really hasn't been.

Even though I nearly always train by myself I really do like being around people. I always feel my energy comes from being around others, and I am hoping that tomorrow morning it really kicks in.

It would be a lie to say that I am not nervous, but I am surprisingly not overwhelmed with it yet. Maybe that will come in the morning. After thinking, talking, and training for this race all year I am ready to get it started.

I am most excited about getting to see so many of the Lubbock group racing tomorrow, and I wish them the best of luck and prayers for a great race for everyone:

Chris Toelle
Chad Elrod
Heath Pennell
Allison Pennell
Scott Burris
Nicole Adams
Jeff Hancock

Let's let Boulder see what it is like to have a lot of soulshine coming from Lubbock, TX!

I hope to see all of you on the other side of this Ironman!

Blessings.
Keebler

Just a few of the Keebler Crew at Athlete Checkin



No comments:

Post a Comment