Tuesday, August 26, 2014

A Sheriff's Car, A Wedding, and 14 years later

No, I didn't fall off a cliff in Boulder or got eaten by an Elk, and yes I did survive my race. It was such a life changing event that it is taking me a long time to process. Not to mention since we have gotten back our life has been in overdrive. I will get a full update on the race up soon with lots of pics, but I could not let today go by without recognizing its significance. 

Please forgive my grammatical errors, but this post is about the Keebler Blog Editor in Chief so she can't read it until I post it. Today was the day that I was delivered to a small Methodist church in Snyder by non other than a local sheriff's deputy for my wedding day. A long but somewhat typical story of me in general :) It was also the last chance that my beautiful wife, Susan, had to run away. Thankfully she chose to stick around!

I could not have imagined spending this last 14 years with anyone else. It really doesn't seem like it has been that long, and every step of the way we have always been there for each other. Just writing this I can't help but smile thinking of all the joy and happiness we have had together. Yes like any couple we have had struggles, but they have been blurred by the good times. In my heart I know that only together can we be the best version of ourselves.



Today also is the anniversary from when we were honored to dedicate a memorial for my Dad (JD) at the Heart Cath Lab waiting room at Covenant. I just watched the video again that was done by the City of Lubbock PIO department for the event, and the emotions from that day instantly came back. It is a physical reminder of my Dad, but like this blog, I hope it to always be a place for inspiration for a better you.



Also, on this day of anniversaries it reminded me of what a great Dad he was, and watching him with my Mom he was the best inspiration for me to be the best husband that I can be for Susan.

I hope that you check out the video and are inspired to want to be better, and then go out and inspire others to do the same!

JD's Heart


No comments:

Post a Comment