Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day


Today is always one of those days that for me is a bittersweet blessing. Over the last three years there has been very few days, if any, that I haven’t thought about my Dad, and many of those days I had tears in my eyes.  I never really realized how much my Dad affected my life until he was gone. As a son without knowing or admitting it you want to have your Dad’s approval, and when that is gone it’s hard to know where you stand. What I have come to realize is that Pops just wanted the best for me, and wanted me to be the best person I could. Neither of those statements have anything to do with money or stuff, but instead with trying to be a good person in all parts of my life. The most important of those parts of my life is being a Dad. At different times other things move in front of that, but it always comes back to my being a Dad. Every decision and every action is about being the type of person that makes my wife and girls proud to call me Dad. I am glad that the most important job I will ever have is being a Dad. So Happy Father's Day to all of you dad's!    

No comments:

Post a Comment