Sunday, August 12, 2012

Back to the Beginning

 I know that it has been a long break between posts, but this one has been harder to write than all of the others. As usual I am doing this backwards. I figured it was time to go back and explain what J.D. 's Heart is all about, or at least try to put it into words for the first time. It is really hard for me to put my thoughts down on something that I'm not sure what it is, or what it is going to be but you feel passion for everyday.

J. D. or Jimmy Don is what most people called him, but my Sister and I called him Dad, my Mom called him her husband, the Grandkids called him Pawpaw. If I could sum him up in one sentence I would say that he was a quite man that was more prone to laughing than talking.  He tried to teach me many things that now I wish I was listening to a little closer, but the one thing that I was listening to was that I should never quit something I start.

The reality is that I can look back over my life, and see many chapters that God put in front of me that have led me to where I am now. The essence of JD's Heart might have started with my good friend, Jurgen, telling me that I was too young to be as fat as I was then, or it could be said that it started when I knew that we were going to have Anna. All I can say for sure is that when my Dad passed away on my birthday in 2009 I knew that this cycle had to end with me.

I titled my testimony and my website J.D. 's Heart, because it is about the affect one man's heart can have on so many people. We as individuals selfishly believe that how we take care of ourselves doesn't matter to those around us, but in reality we each can be the biggest forces of change in our families and communities.  No matter if you are young, or been around a few years, you have to work hard to stay here. It took me having kids and losing my Dad to see the truth that if I want to be here for the future I have to make changes now. Unlike how most of us wait until we lose someone, or a doctor tells us we have no other choice. We each are blessed with one body, and we should respect it. Trying to lead a healthier lifestyle doesn't guarantee you won't get sick, but it at least gives you a little bit more of a fighting chance. We don't want to believe it but our lives can change in the time it takes for a red light to change. Instead of believing that if you aren't sick your healthy. Try to look at your health as something that you have to fight for everyday even it is just doing something small.  Then when the time comes that you have to really fight you might just be in a much better place to keep going.

What I put my body through is not for everyone, but I promise you that you would be surprised at what your bodies can take, and in some cases want. Every time that I think that I have reached my limits I wake up the next day to find that those limits are not where they were the day before.

This drive I have now was developed because I want to always be striving to be healthier spiritually, physically,and mentally for my family. Along this journey for myself if I can help inspire others to look for their own reasons to be healthier then those people will have more of a chance to fight. No matter how each of us leave this world we will only have one last heart beat. To this day in my mind I hear my Dad's last heart beat echoing, and helping others find a reason to be healthier helps me to keep hearing it. As long as I can I want to keep helping other's to find their reason to fight. 

Ask yourself when your heart beats for the last time will it echo or will it fade away? That is what is behind JD's Heart. 

Thank you Dad.

Keebler

                             






No comments:

Post a Comment