Tuesday, September 25, 2012

What the hell have I done?

I have needed to post something about this for quite a while, but I wasn't sure if I could get my mind wrapped around it. I have signed up to race a 50k trail run in Palo Duro Canyon on October 20th. As always with me there is a long story, but thankfully here is the short story instead. As my Dad would say I let my mouth overload my a**. That's it! That isn't always a bad thing, and as far as Tim is concerned I think that he is excited about putting me through another level of discomfort.

To make things even more interesting I decided to try to use this race as a fundraiser for our local American Diabetes Association. After I met the director, Martha Atwood, and saw the level of commitment this woman has to make our community healthier I couldn't not help out! If you feel inclined to donate here is the link to my donation page. I would greatly appreciate it!

Keebler's Donation link for ADA

I would be lying if I said I was't nervous about this endeavor.  To be totally honest I am beyond nervous! I know physically I can do the time, but the distance is what is overwhelming me. Over the next 26 days I will do my best to chronicle what it is like training for this distance, or at least how moronic I am. There might be a little less mention of beer for the next few weeks, but rest assured it will only be temporary.


“If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.”


― Martin Luther King Jr.

Later,
Keebler







No comments:

Post a Comment