Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Nearing the end

I guess it must be the end of the season, but this taper week is effecting me way more than usual. I think some of it is race stress and life stress, but some of it is trying to stay chill and not workout. I used to look forward to some time taking it easier, but somewhere along the way my body got used to being pushed a little farther every week. So backing off of that means that I start to feel like crap.

Then there is the fact that 3 days before the race I am thinking of everything that can go wrong. Best example is that I walked into a room today and this guy was obviously under the weather, and I had to force myself not to bolt from the room before I instantly fell over sick.

I am trying to get more rest, but I have had issues sleeping the last few nights. I am sure that it is me worrying about this race, but the good thing about me is that I have a break point where my mind finally says,"oh well, what the hell ever. It is what it is" I am getting close to that point, and it is transitioning to excitement in running my first, and maybe only, ultra marathon.

Well this is a short post, and I will try to get another one in before the race. If not I hope to see you guys on the flip side!

Keebler

P.S. I was just finishing this when I looked at my American Diabetes Donation page, and was completely humbled to find out that we had reached our goal, and had gone over. I will do my best to honor your support of the American Diabetes Association by running the best that I can, or at least I will try and not embarrass any of you :)

I sincerely think all of you for your support in so many different ways!
  

2 comments:

  1. Wes, I know about the worrying--it comes and goes. Mine was thankfully subdued after Judy died--WTF could get even worse than that? But it has been creeping up occasionally, most recently in regard to the house remodel and all those decisions. And then I think, "WTF? Either I like it or I don't, but I most likely will, and I'm going only half-way broke, and when Wes and Susan have to sell the place without a stoopid dishwasher, what do I care?" I try to use Teflon on my skin, and sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. I hope you can let some of those worries glide by. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said as usual Jurgen, and thanks. When we build your old man Jurgen house we will make sure it doesn't have a dishwasher! Also, thanks for the beers and conversation the other night it was great catching up.

    ReplyDelete